MAT previous papers with solutions
Explore More Exams
MBA Entrance Exams in India: Your Gateway to Business Excellence
Welcome to our platform, your definitive destination for conquering the MBA Entrance Examinations in India, the key to unlocking the doors of prestigious business schools. We understand the paramount importance of securing a seat in India's esteemed B-schools, and we are fully committed to guiding your journey at every step. Our comprehensive collection of practice exams is thoughtfully designed to empower you, enabling you to shine in your pursuit of business leadership.
Why Choose Us?
Free Access: We firmly believe in equal opportunities for all aspiring managers. Here, you'll find a treasure trove of free practice tests, ensuring that financial constraints never deter your dreams of business excellence.
Comprehensive Coverage: Our curated list of major MBA entrance exams spans various formats and specialties. With us, you can seamlessly prepare for multiple exams, all in one place.
Quality Content: Our practice tests are expertly crafted and continually updated to align with the latest exam patterns and trends, ensuring you are thoroughly prepared for success.
User-Friendly Interface: Navigating our platform is a breeze, ensuring that you can access the exams you need with ease.
Now, let's delve into the major MBA entrance exams in India, meticulously categorized for your convenience:
- Common Admission Test (CAT): The gold standard of MBA entrance exams in India. Excel with our comprehensive CAT practice tests.
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT): Your ticket to a wide range of AICTE-approved management programs. Prepare meticulously with our CMAT practice tests.
CMAT Exam Previous Papers
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT): A versatile exam accepted by a multitude of B-schools. Ace it with our practice tests to secure your MBA journey.
MAT Exam Previous Papers
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Entrance Exam: Your gateway to a specialized MBA in International Business. Prepare rigorously with our IIFT practice tests.
IIFT Exam Previous Papers
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP): Access prestigious Symbiosis institutes for your MBA. Prepare effectively with our SNAP practice tests.
SNAP Exam Previous Papers
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT): Unlock opportunities at Xavier-affiliated B-schools. Prepare with dedication using our XAT practice tests.
XAT Exam Previous Papers
Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET): Chart your MBA journey in the state of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Prepare diligently with our ICET practice tests.
AP ICET Exam Previous Papers
TS ICET Exam Previous Papers
Why Choose MBA?
Versatile Career Opportunities: An MBA opens doors to diverse career paths, from consulting and finance to entrepreneurship and leadership roles.
Global Recognition: India's top B-schools are globally recognized, providing a strong foundation for an international career.
Holistic Skill Development: MBA programs enhance your leadership, problem-solving, and networking skills, making you a well-rounded professional.
At our platform, we are committed to your success in MBA entrance exams. Explore our practice tests, resources, and guidance to supercharge your preparation and transform your business dreams into reality. Best of luck on your journey towards business excellence!
Key Facts about MAT Exam Pattern
- MAT May 2019 Exam pattern consists of 200 Objective Type Questions (MCQs)
- MAT Exam Pattern 2019 notifies that the MAT May 2019 exam will be divided in 5 sections with 40 questions in each section
- MAT Questions in MAT exam pattern are of easy to moderate difficulty level
- The 5 test sections in MAT 2019 May exam are Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
MAT Exam Pattern Sectional Composition
Number of Questions
Suggested Time to solve (In Minutes)
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
Indian and Global Environment
- Candidates who have completed their graduation in any of stream from a recognised institute or university are eligible to apply.
- Final year graduates from any discipline including, science, humanities, commerce or engineering stream from a recognised institute or university are eligible to apply
There is no age limit for those taking up MAT.
The number of attempts
There are no restrictions on the number of attempts for taking up the MAT
- No job experience is required to apply for the exam.
- A certain number of seats are reserved for Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes, Other Backward Classes.
- A candidate can apply for the exam as many times as he/she wants to
- The final year graduate students who clear MAT need to submit proof of the completion of their graduation. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of their admission to a respective institute.
Section-1: Language Comprehension
Part-1: MAT Syllabus for Reading Comprehension (RC)
- RC Syllabus covers current affairs making impact on Social Life, International Affairs, Govt policies and Schemes for example Triple Talaq, Clean India Mission, Migration of people from one country to other, Growing intolerance across the Globe, Agricultural policies, poverty eradication programmes
- Business & Economic RC Passages for example Global economic changes, economic development at the cost of environment, Impact of Demonetization in India, Wasteful expenditure by Governments
- RC passages from various English Literature books, from articles authored by great philosophers, thinkers, from various speeches of great personalities like passages from Charles Dickens, Aristotle, Martin Luther King, Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi, Churchill among others
- Passages on Science & Culture including the journey to Modern world; Fading culture with the advancement of technology
- Abstract topics and fiction are also included in the Reading Comprehension Syllabus for MAT. These
- RC Passages on Historical events leading to social changes for example French Revolution, War of Roses, Social changes in Indian History and thoughts shared by various activists which are very much relevant even today
- RC Passages from Mythology. These passages try to correlate the Mythological events with the current social structure and answers to the questions on them have to be inferred
Part-2: MAT Syllabus for Verbal Ability
- Jumbled Paragraphs (3-4 questions)
- Error Correction of Verb, Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb and other parts of speech in the Sentences.
- Correcting the sequence of sentences in the paragraph for example correct use of conditional sentence, time clauses, reported speech, passive writing (3-4 questions)
- Antonyms/Synonyms (5-6 questions)
- Fill in the blanks (3-4 questions)
- One word substitution (1-2 questions)
- Idioms/Phrases (2-3 questions)
Section-2: Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
Although MAT syllabus for this section is short but in fact MAT question paper has tricky questions in this area. Major topics covered in MAT syllabus on Intelligence and Critical Reasoning are:
MAT Syllabus 2019 for Intelligence and Critical Reasoning has been revamped. As a separate section in MAT exam, is divided in 2 parts – Syllabus for Intelligence Reasoning and syllabus for Critical Reasoning. In other exams like CAT, critical reasoning questions are also asked in Verbal Ability section.
MAT exam Syllabus for Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Passage Conclusion
- Statement Argument among others.
- Binary logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations (Family Tree)
- Logical Sequence
- Linear and matrix arrangement
- Team Formation
- Direction sense and Decision Making
- Set Theory, Venn Diagrams, Network Diagrams
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning based on Rankings
- Critical Reasoning
Section-3: Mathematical skills
MAT exam syllabus 2019 for Mathematical skills refers to the Quant topics on which MAT questions are based. The MAT syllabus for Mathematics section is very wide. MAT syllabus for Quant is vast and covers everything in Mathematics that you may or may not expect. MAT exam syllabus 2019 on Quant is based on questions on different topics on Arithmetic, Algebra, Modern Math, Geometry, Mensuration, Trignometry among others.
MAT Syllabus on Mathematical Skills
Arithmetic (15-16 Questions)
- LCM and HCF
- Profit and Loss
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance; Time and Work; Averages; Ratio and Proportion and others
- Number System (3-4) questions
- Elementary Mathematics
- Number System
- Mixtures and Allegation
- Unitary Method
- Commercial Maths
- Permutation and Combinations
- Sequence And Series
- Heights and Distance'
Algebra (5-7 questions)
Geometry/Mensuration (6-8 questions)
- Coordinate Geometry
Pure Math (1-2 questions)
- Venn diagrams and other topic based questions are 2-3
- Linear Equations; Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Logarithm; Progressions
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Linear Programming
Section-4: Data Analysis and Sufficiency
MAT exam syllabus 2019 for Data Analysis and Sufficiency covers more topics on Data Interpretation. The MAT syllabus for Data Analysis and sufficiency section is very wide and covers everything in Data Interpretation and sufficiency of data that you may or may not expect. MAT exam syllabus 2019 on Data Analysis refers to questions on Data Interpretation.
MAT Syllabus for Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Data Tables
- Data charts
- Bar diagrams & Charts including Simple, Stacked, Composite Bar charts
- Pie charts
- Graphs – Line X-Y Graphs
- Data analysis and Data comparison among others
- Caselet based Data
- Venn diagram
- Data Sufficiency
Section-5: Indian and Global Environment
MAT syllabus on Indian and Global Environment refers to the GK syllabus. expects you to know everything under the Sun on Business & Economy, Who’s who, current affairs, static GK among others.
Indian & Global Environment Syllabus
Major topics covered in MAT syllabus in this section are the GK topics current and static:
- Conventional GK-available in books
- Current GK- based on current reading of newspapers and periodicals;
- Business & Economics GK -for example changes in Fiscal and monetary policy, CRR, Repo Rate,
- Devaluation and up valuation of Rupee.
- Business, National and International events
- Who’s who
- Constitutional of India,
- Currency and Capitals of the countries
- States of India
- International Organizations
- Monetary and fiscal tools
- Identification of personalities, companies among others