Below we are providing the details about NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
|Mode of the examination||Offline|
|Duration of the examination||Three hours and Twenty Minutes (3.20 hours)|
|Exam timing||2 pm to 5.20 pm|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of Questions||200 (180 applicable questions for attempt)|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct answer -1 for each incorrect answer|
|Total sections in the question paper||3 (Two sections for each subject) Section A - 35 questions Section B- 15 questions (10 to be attempted)|
|NEET Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany + Zoology)|
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If the candidate does not reside in India then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- The minimum age limit is 17 years as on December 31, of the year of admission or candidates belonging to all the categories.
- The maximum age limit is 25 years as on December 31, of the year of admission for students belonging to general category.
- The maximum age limit is 30 years as on December 31, of the year of admission for students belonging to reserved category.
- Students must have passed class 12 board exam or an equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least five mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and an elective subject.
- Candidates belonging to the unreserved category should score a minimum required percentage of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in their Class 12 or HSC examination.
- Candidates who belong to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes (OBC) should score a minimum of 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- For persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs, a minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required in aggregate across Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology
- Students who are appearing for board exams in the same year are eligible to take
- Students who have appeared for class 12 exams in previous year and appearing for an improvement exam in current year are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have appeared for class 12 more than one time for improvement can mention the year of the exam with a better score.
NEET Eligibility Criteria – Number of Attempts
The cap on the number of attempts was removed for NEET 2018 . As per the NEET eligibility criteria, candidates can appear for the entrance exam as many times as they wish provided they fulfill the above-mentioned criteria
NEET required to prepare a tentative study plan to cover all the subjects effectively
- Effective Study Plan
- Allocate time based on your strengths and weaknesses
- Study for a minimum of 3 hours at a stretch
- Practice Regularly
- Start with NCERT books
- Take down notes and formulas
- List out important chapters and focus more
- Solve Practice questions for each chapter
- Practice weaker areas
- Solve more and more question papers will also increase the speed of the candidate
- Take Full-Length Mock Tests
- Revise Regularly
- put emphasis on important and weak areas
- Revise the formulas and their derivations
- Go through important reactions, equations and mechanisms
- Refer NCERT books of Class 11 and 12 by attempting all the questions and then move on to reference books.
- Solve MCQs for Physical Chemistry and learn concepts of Inorganic Chemistry. Clarify concepts to prepare for Organic Chemistry.
- Some important topics in Chemistry are Thermodynamics, Hydrocarbons, Equilibrium, Carbonyl Compounds, Mole Concept, Chemical Bonding, Coordination Compounds and Coordination Compounds.
- Biology is the most important section as it carries 50% weightage.
- To prepare for NEET 2019 Biology, revisions with the practical test are necessary elements.
- Use mnemonics to remember terms.
- Important Topics in Biology are Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Diversity in Living World, Cell Structure and Functions, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, Genetics and Evolution, and Biotechnology and its Applications.
- Physics is considered as the most difficult sections of NEET UG. Candidates must have a conceptual clarity to prepare for NEET Physics. a good source of physics theory is available at Examsnet physic notes probably the best physics material ever produced for CBSE
- While preparing for NEET Physics, make short notes for all the important points and formulae in each chapter.
- Important topics in Physics are Thermodynamics, Dimensional Analysis, Current Electricity and Heat Transfer, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Geometrical Optics, Electromagnetic Induction and Waves & Sound
NEET Physics Syllabus Class XI
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
NEET Physics Syllabus Class XII
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
NEET Chemistry Syllabus Class XI
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
NEET Chemistry Syllabus Class XII
- Solid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
NEET Biology Syllabus Class XI
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plant
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
NEET Biology Syllabus Class XII
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology and Environment