Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test
CPEB conducts the Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test (CG PET) annually to provide admissions to eligible candidates into the various undergraduate engineering courses offered by the participating institutes of the state. CG PET is a state-level exam conducted as a paper-and-pen-based test. The authorities will also consider JEE Main scores for admissions. Approximately 15,000 candidates appear for CG PET every year. DTE Raipur is the responsible authority for the CG PET counselling process.
CG PET exam pattern will allow the candidates to understand how the examination will be held. Through the exam pattern of CG PET, the candidates will be able to know important details such as the examination mode, duration, type of questions, total number of questions, marking scheme, etc. Along with the syllabus, the candidates are advised to check the exam pattern to boost their preparation process.
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper Based Test|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Questions||150 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||For every correct response, 1 mark will be given. No negative marking.|
CGPET Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Maths, and Physics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical vocational courses as optional subjects.
- For BTech Biotechnology, aspirants should have studied Biology instead of Maths in their 10 + 2.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 45% marks in each of the subjects in their Class 10+2 or equivalent.
- Reserved category aspirants from Chhattisgarh should have secured a minimum of 40% in their Class 10+2.
- Grace Marks: Candidates who have passed with grace marks will be considered eligible if they acquire the minimum pass percentage in each subject. It is important to note that grace marks will not be considered while computing the aggregate percentage for admissions.
- All candidates need to furnish residency proof.
- They must get the domicile certificate ready as proof of their residency. This will be required during counselling and admissions.
- Candidates should not be more than 30 years of age as of July 1 of the admission year. 3-year relaxation is given to reserved category candidates. The minimum age limit is 17 years as of December 31 of the admission year.
CG PET eligibility criteria for admissions
- Candidates must have qualified CG PET.
- Candidates who have cleared JEE Main will also be considered eligible for seats earmarked for the same.